Adult classes are available for students age 18 and older. Each student has his or her own reason for enrolling, and Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy works to satisfy every student’s needs. Whether you are seeking a new method of physical fitness, wanting to boost your self-confidence and discipline, or if you are interested in learning street self-defense, the instructors at Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy will teach you the necessary skills to satisfy all of these needs. Gracie Jiu-Jitsu affords any student, male or female, large or small, the skills needed to overcome any attacker — size and strength are no issue with Gracie Jiu-Jitsu.
Some additional benefits of jiu-jitsu training include:
- Achieve a healthy weight. Whether you are seeking to lose weight or add muscle mass, jiu-jitsu training can be a pivotal part of your weekly routine and help you to achieve your idea body weight.
- Increase flexibility. Each class promotes body strengthening and flexibility. Through your training, you will find that you are more flexible than you were prior to beginning your training. For example, in the beginning, you may find that you have trouble moving your hips in a certain way during technique training and drills. As you progress in the class, you will find that you will be able to move your hips much more easily during the same technique training and drills.
- Lower cholesterol and improve blood sugar. Jiu-jitsu provides benefits to the body that are not as visible as muscle tone and flexibility. Chemically, the workout that jiu-jitsu provides can work to bring your body’s chemicals to a healthy level.
- Body awareness. Awareness of one’s own body is central to the art of jiu-jitsu, and the increased awareness acquired through training is something that you can carry through to other parts of your life, from better posture, increased response time and overall improved body control.
- Imagine the boost of self-confidence you will receive when you walk in to class after weeks or months practicing a technique, and you execute it perfectly. Not only will you feel a sense of pride in conquering a difficult challenge, but you will receive enthusiasm and encouragement from your instructors and classmates as well. Charles Gracie Jiu-Jitsu Academy promotes a supportive environment and student achievements are celebrated.
- Jiu-jitsu training requires an intense amount of focus. Once you enter the classroom, you can ignore thoughts of the bad day you had at work or the pile of dirty dishes piling up in your kitchen sink. You must be 100% with the class both mentally and physically; otherwise, you might miss a key detail that could be the difference between properly executing a move or getting your guard passed.
- Jiu-jitsu provides incredible stress relief. During rolling and drilling, you can release all of your pent-up anger and frustration on the mat.
Your time in class is what you make of it. The Academy is here for you to not only teach you an important form of self-defense, but also to serve as an outlet for whatever is negative in your personal life. Ultimately, the lessons learned on the mat can be applied to daily life, making Jiu-jitsu not just a class for training, but a unique lifestyle.